I am constantly asking for prayers for our boys and their situation. I give little credit to how much has already been done. Last night Taran taught a class on prayer and I was amazed when he asked "on a scale from 1-10" how often does God answer your prayers (1 being never, 10 being always). Not one teen was over 5, when a girl asked me what I put I told her 10, and I explained: I would have probably said 10 all my life because I would have known what the correct church answer was, but in my head I probably would have been thinking 7, however, in the past 8 months my mind has been corrected to scream 10! I told her that the boys situation doesn't make sense, our lives hasn't made sense w/o giving all the glory to God being one who listens and answers:
1. Boys - A. we got amazing foster children that are perfect for our family B. God has allowed us to even have a glimpse of having them forever C. we have prayed for terminations to be faster and the next day we went from going 5 mph to 100 mph (in the world of foster care) D. every time something gets told to us that is bad news it ends up being the best news for our family- it never makes sense example: the boys and girls visits will be seperated- we thought this was horrible but what we didnt realize is this was 5 steps forward to terminating her rights E. we have been given peace that doesn't make sense...driving to the panel review i thought I was goign to be sick when I stepped into the elevator w/ our boys and Tempee I had peace that I cannot explain. EVERY prayer has been answered in this part of our lives, it is a perfect 10.
2. Jobs - A. Taran felt called into youth ministry and we decided to make a "sacrificial" change in our life to help him follow this calling- a week later we found out we were expecting, we decided not to take the finicial cut at that point in our lives but prayed that God make it clear if we needed to pursue it more, the next Friday Taran got layed off. B. Peachtree Corners has been such a blessing in our lives and we have learned so much about ministry and grown in this area C. Our money has worked out in ways we could have never imagined- we have had several things "pop" up that were going to make a time hard for us and then something has worked out amazingly
3. Baby- A. I was told a while ago ( I was 17) that it would be hard for me to get pregnant- so when I got off my birth control we thought we would wait years to know if we would be able to actually have a child on our own- 7 months later we found out we were pregnant with amazing timing w/ the boys we are thrilled B. We have had doctors tell us that something would be wrong with her- but weighin in at 1lb already we have one healthy little girl that is completly normal- we will watch this progress but a lot of the major functions are really in place so less to fear (not to mention we are 2 weeks away from an 80% survival rate)
4. Everything else- Taran and I are constantly overwhelmed by His answers to our prayers- we have had prayers answered in ways we maybe did not prefer at the time but the lesson of watching Him work this life we live to glorify Him more has been an amazing experience.
God is good!
Deuteronomy 7:9
Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is a faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand of generations of those who love him and keep his commands.
What a great God we have.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Amen! God truly answers all of our prayers whether we know it immediately or not. I think this post gives testimony to your faith alos, "the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." I like that verse that you have at the bottom too. Thanks for always sharing your God-story.
Post a Comment