I am writing right now to help keep my mind off the fact that right now my boys are being picked up by someone none of us have never met, driven 2 hours to see their birth mom for 3 hours and then 2 hours back... It doesn't help that both boys were EXTREMELY upset this morning when I told them about going to see their mom- but like I said I am trying to distract- so I will stop talking about that and move onto my glorious day with the boys yesterday!
Yesterday, the boys stayed home from school because they have a nasty cough that kept them up all night. I got up and went to work and then Taran brought them to me on my lunch break because he had a church lunch meeting. On my lunch break I had already set up a doctors apt to go and see Zula. I decided to take the task of bringing the boys with me to the doctors office. First, Taran and I had a time miscommunication so we were 30 minutes late but I called on our way there to tell them I was going to be late they told me as long as I was there by 12 to come on. I ended up getting all 3 of us in the building at 12:01...(the parking deck was full so we ended up on level 7 and having to run from the furthest corner... it really was amazing that we got there even by 12:01). The boys were such troopers running with me... well as we got in they asked if we could wait until 1 PM because they were all needing to take their lunch. I agreed and then had 1 hour to kill in the hospital. We left and went to the Starbucks (yep- I picked this hospital to deliver in because it had a Starbucks...jk) the boys got a banana and juice they thought that was pretty fun, Demetrious spilled his cup 3 times... needless to say EVERYTHING is eventful with a 2 and 3 year old. Then we headed up to the nursery... it was SO much fun. They wanted to look at every "teeny baby" and each one they asked if this was their baby Zula. I explained to them that Zula was still in my belly, not the answer they were looking for but none the less it was so fun. Then we got to head down to the ultra sound... now in some ways the fact that this was an ultra sound apt was good A. Some what entertaining to the boys B. Not TOO invading in front of the boys HOWEVER I did not think about me having to lay still so they could take all the measurements which meant most of the time the boys could be doing WHATEVER they wanted. They did LOVE looking at Zula though, Drimus even really recognized body parts including the part where she stuck her tongue out and he told on her and then stuck his tongue out back at her- he did tell me she didn't know that some people think that is mean so he could do it back cause they were just playing and he wasn't being ugly... It was great, they both got printed off pictures and they took them with them everywhere. It was so fun! I know she is going to know right who her brothers are- they sing to her and kiss her and hug her... it is adorable. This is so much fun!
I am thankful for 3 of my beautiful distractions... Drimus, Demetrious and Zula (who did just kick my lung...)!
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment