Monday, September 28, 2009

One Amazing Week

We have had one amazing week. Last Sunday night I was lying in my bed, feeling horrible, listening to the an amazing storm- thinking what a powerful God we serve and how I can't believe the kids are sleeping through this (and praising God for that and His greatness!)! I woke up that morning to my alarm and thought- I can't make it work today I didn't sleep a wink and I feel horrible. At that moment I put my feet to the ground and the amazing storm had brought water into our house. I then carefully (trying not to slip and bust it) walked over and turned our light and started shaking Taran to tell him the house had flooded (at this point I thought I was being over dramatic just to get him to wake up) but sure enough...the whole house had flooded! I think I gasped a little louder every room we entered. Mud and water covered EVERY inch of the floor. Buddy (who had been brought inside overnight for the first time since we got the boys) was on my couch covered in mud- in which Taran was upset he didn't wake us to tell us a river was running through the house! I threw on some clothes to go get the shopvac (I couldn't stay in the house it was too overwhelming) grabed the Taurus keys...got in the car and realized it was full of water, got out, got in the other car- and started a 2 hour search to find a road that would allow me to go get a shopvac ....they were all closed! While I was gone Drimus had walked into the living room where Taran was with nothing but underware and shoes and said "Good Morning Daddy" Taran said it was like he didn't even know there was water all over the house. Demetrious woke up, pointed to the floor and asked "did daddy do that?" Taran said "no" Metri then said "did I do that?" Taran almost died laughing! Children are SOO amazing! I then came home with no shopvac but with breakfast...Taran and I then started debating how we could get a shopvac and if we needed a Uhaul to get our furniture out of teh house... yes we debated this. You do not realize that your house will soon be gutted until you see other peoples faces reacting to your house. At 10 AM we were still in shock and without a shopvac....my brother was finally able to get to our house with a shopvac (last one from Home Depot...but it was missing parts *floor model) so then we had a dear friend come over to get the boys...people were called to help- AMAZINGLY people were at our house by 12PM. We had a UHAUL by 2:30 our house was packed up by 6 PM, the 2nd flooding looked like it would happen soon...we unloaded the Uhaul came for the remaining things, left went to get something to eat, and by the time all this was over our house was gutted!! IT WAS AMAZING! (There are sooo many details about that day...people just started showing up to help, SO many people offered for us to stay with them, we figured out where we were going to stay and store our stuff, SO MANY phone calls and knocks on the door to help...)!!!! Tarans parents came Monday...it was a HUGE blessing. Tuesday Taran and his dad were able to get our backyard put back together while the house began to dry out... Buddy and everyone was thankful! They also had to fix some yucky pipes that got messed up with the water....Thursday and Friday the sheetrock got put in. Saturday the trim got put in and the caulking got done Sunday. One week...it is amazing!

This might have been really boring to you but I wanted to get the details down before it is all a blurr...and it really is almost to late for me to remember everything! GOD IS SO GOOD!

1 comment:

Candace said...

Tempee told me about someone coming to your rescue on the paint decision. We miss you guys!