Taran told me today that I have just totally turned into the mom who thinks everything their kids do, say, and think up is just SO cute...and well he is right. I'd like to think that I still don't think bad behavior is cute- but I am not going to lie sometimes I laugh at things I shouldn't. Having said all that I want to share some of those "ADORABLE" things my kids did today!
Today we ran into Publix to pick up some things I had volunteered to bring for the church carnival next weekend- one thing included candy. We have a few people we buy food for often and I explain that we buy their food because they don't have enough or we make the boys go through there toys to give to kids that don't have any. We try to teach the boys how to treat people like Jesus would so opportunities arise often... so we are buying candy and I explain to the boys that it wasn't for them. Ellis said "is this cause some kids don't have ANY candy? Because really I don't have any either" I thought it was hilarious.
Tonight at church a ex-friend of ours taught the boys to say "GO DAWGS" and "BOO ALABAMA" and got it all on video. You can see the boys know they are doing something mom and dad would not approve of and they are just laughing as they say it. So of course I am just in shock and really ham up that I can't believe they would BOO Alabama and how sad I am that they said Go Dawgs. Anyways on the way home (Mr. Eric was no longer around) Everett said "mom I don't really like mean dogs and I really do love Alabama" Ellis said "no Everett we DO love the Georgia Dawgs and we don't like Alabama" so they discuss this for a while and then I said "Ellis do you know that the Dawgs don't really know how to play football" and he said "mom- do you know that really no animals know how to play football...not even Elephants (Alabama has BIG AL the Elephant for those of you don't know)! Touche Ellis, touche.
Last but not least Zula has decided she think it is SO funny to throw her food on the ground (this is actually a milestone in the pediatrician's check list). She laughs so hard at herself with every drop. Taran and I have started spanking her hand and telling her no (she knows what NO means, if i say it she stops and looks at me no matter what she is doing). Well tonight she was happily throwing food on the ground when I spanked her little hand and told her no...she got out her pointer finger and started crying/anger babel and pointing at me. She was telling me off, I was thankful I couldn't understand. Lord give us strength when she has words to go with that attitude. (she actually did this more than once, she would tell me off and then throw more food on the ground all the while looking at me and laughing and then after the no came she started telling me off again!)

No comments:
Post a Comment