Over the last 21 months Taran and I have often said... "once the adoption is finalized we will______" With being a possible 9 days away (PRAY,PRAY, PRAY) we have reflected on so many of those things and I thought I'd share how our life will be different:
2. if the boys have nightmares/get sick they can sleep in our bed
3. take a vacation out of state and tell no one (if no one knows where we are and we aren't answering our cell phones we are fine and dandy)
4. let our children be away from us for more than 2 hours w/o special permission (yep the longest we have left them in 21 months has been 2 hours EXCEPT when they went to daycare for 3 months, now they go to preschool (4 hours), court hearings and giving birth...never could do a dinner and a movie night)!
5. let our children spend the night away (we might make this a right of passage at age 5...we aren't totally sure we are ready for this step aside from foster care- with the exception of giving birth)
6. take a trip to another country- we have this all planned out except the date (we will have to wait on the passports)
7. take the boys to a non-Medicaid accepting pediatrician...this might not seem big but I LOVE zula's ped, Medicaid def doesn't offer the best for my sons!
8. hire a responsible teen to babysit our children. for our 2 hour needs of a babysitter they had to be OVER 21, CPR certified and approved
9. celebrate them being official Howell's with a huge party
10. allow other children to spend the night w/o their parents being here...yep cousin spend the night parties here we come! Owen couldn't spend the night unless his parents were here AND he couldn't sleep in their room!
OKAY YOU GET THE POINT...9 more days, 9 more days, 9 more days! We get to do all the aboved things and much more not listed-
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thrilled for ya'll and I can't wait to meet all of the new additions to your family! It has been a crazy three weeks for me but soon to settle down a bit I hope. Dinner soon? I think so!
Post a Comment