2 families that became foster families after Taran and I just posted their adoption videos from their adoption parties. I am thrilled for them and longing for the day we can celebrate our family in this way. God has been ever faithful, I have been praying that God stop allowing this hurtle in our lives to teach us patience (please note I am not asking for patience and do not wish you to ask for me). August 9th is the day we thought we would be signing adoption papers... we still haven't received parental terminations or waited the 30 day period after the ruling. Even if tomorrow we got the paperwork (I was told today there are 2 cases in front of ours in the waiting line) we are still 30 + days away...I do realize that in 10 years I will look back and laugh at my ridiculous timing and know it was all the way God meant for it to be . But for 55 days I run to my phone every time it rings in hope it is our case worker with the update, for 454 days I have been a mother without being able to do the things most mom's can protect completely and be the one who decides things that are in their best interest.
My children are my spiritual leaders in so many ways...so I have been pretty down on our situation with the adoption (haven't blogged because of my negativeness). Everett (Demetrious) has been making me sing a song with him about 200 times a day...I do love the song but not always the praise song I want to sing...
We stand and lift up our hands
For the joy of the Lord is our strength
We bow down and worship Him now
How great, how awesome is He
And together we sing
[Chorus]
Holy is the Lord God Almighty
The earth is filled with His glory
Holy is the Lord God Almighty
The earth is filled with His glory
The earth is filled with His glory
And Ellis (Drimus) walks around signing Rise and Shine and give God the glory, I finally said I do not feel like singing this song anymore. And truthfully our walk has been amazing but today on day 55 I am not wanting to give the glory.
Today I went to lay down while they were having their "rest" and Ellis came and asked if he could tell me the story of Jesus (how can you turn down that request) so of course he came beside me, he started rubbing my back and told me
"Jesus died for you and me and then after 3 days he rose and went to heaven so he could make a better place for us, and Jesus loves you- even more than me, which is just silly"
I looked up and asked "how do you know that story about Jesus so well (I actually have never taught him about Jesus dying)?"
Ellis said "my daddy told me, he told me he didn't know how God could love me more than dad or more than mommy but God can because He is God"
I told Ellis "you are right, your daddy taught you very well" and he leaned down really close and whispered "now don't you feel like singing Rise and Shine and give God the glory glory?" with his adorable grin all over his face.
I just started laughing- and then we sang.
Thankful my children help me give God the glory even when I don't feel like it :)
I know this is a similar blog as the last, as you can see I am struggling with praising God when I feel like my children and I have such a need not being met...but God has been so ever faithful to all of us and I guess the lesson I keep having to learn is : In all circumstances give thanks to God for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus (1 Thess. 5:18)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment