10. Learn to enjoy reading (had a hard time reading at this age- still hate reading out loud)
9. Fit in and love going to GACS (loved middle and high school)
8. Become an independent but Christ like woman (work in progress)
7. One day I'd get to spend holdiay's with a Kevin McDonald (he is my sister-in law's brother- I had a huge crush I am really not sure why I didn't pray to date or marry him but it actually said spend holidays- who knows)
6. One day I'd be rich (I am sure my 3 bedroom house would not have met my qualifications back then but it def does to me now- the roof alone makes me rich in my opinion)
5. I'd marry someone who wanted to have more children than what I want (oh yeah Taran has no limit and thinks our van is a good way to say we are maxed out...we'd have 6 kids by that van count)
4. Get to know what it feels like to be pregnant (one I actually didn't think would happen)
3. Be a mom to a prissy girl (I blame this prayer for Zula being so prissy... its cute at 8 months but I am praying this changes before 11)
2. One day to be a foster mom (yeah I knew this one would always happen just thought it was neat at 11 I prayed about it)
1. have bi-racial children (i just thought they were the most beautiful children... dated a few black boys hoping to make this one come true lol)
Taran and I have gotten a few laughs and insight on to my 11 year old self from my prayer journal- I have one from every year since 11 all with huge gaps of time missing but I am thankful for the reflection of how God has worked in my life for SO long.
My mother - in - law explained this verse to me a few times in different situations"Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart" Ps. 37:4 she believes that this isn't saying that God will give you what you Jessie Howell wants but that he will make sure your heart begins to have desires for things God has planned for your life...so maybe even way back then God was helping me become ready to be a mom to my amazing boys! Or maybe I got my boys because I have prayed for bi-racial children since I was 11. God is good all the time!

1 comment:
Jessie,
That is so neat! I love that you made one of your blogs that! You are such a neat, godly woman and you are so right--God is good! It is very cool to see all that God has done in your life. I have many prayers journals too that I should break out. Thanks for sharing that!
Post a Comment